The Transition

Have you ever felt disappointed when your plans or dreams don't turn out as you expected? The gap between your aspirations and reality can be disheartening.

The first several weeks were kind of hard for me. I came by myself and it took me some time and effort to settle down, find housing, and deal with some difficult people. Also, I tried to make new friends and do well in class. However, things didn't turn out as ideally as I had hoped. I am aware that my energy is draining, much like a battery losing its charge.


A Meaningful Talk with My Coach 

I told my coach that I really enjoy nature, music, and sports a lot, I love my family and friends, but because of ..., I wouldn’t … 

Coach 

“You got into the really happy place when you were talking about those hobbies and you used the word ‘but’. ‘But’ is a word that does like a one-eighty, you went really dark after the word.” 

“What if we changed the story just a little bit? We reframe it and say: ‘ I love all these things “AND" I am managing other responsibilities. So that it means you can have them both, not "all or nothing." What would that look like? "

Me

 “I think… Just like the changing seasons, there’re spring, fall, summer, and winter, our life has some good times and not-so-good times.” 

Coach

“I like the season metaphor. How about we keep on saying that it wouldn’t be six months of winter and darkness. Be thankful and remember that hard times won't last forever. There are plenty of things we cherish and enjoy, and you can have them all."

Though the funny thing is that you could probably experience 6 months of winter in Michigan LOL

-

To Me and My Friends

Nothing to be ashamed of talking about our feelings. Admitting that we are not feeling well and reaching out for help really needs courage. Asking for support doesn't make you a coward; in fact, it shows strength. Remember, you are not alone.

最後點播一首 Jason Mraz 的 “Have it All”,願你們一且都好。

“Here's to the hearts that you're gonna break.

Here's to the lives that you're gonna change.

Here's to the infinite possible ways to love you.

I want you to have it.”  


20230730 Michigan Stadium 


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Michigan Law LL.M. Graduation

Final Exam